www.antik.it/Antique-compasses/6267-Antique-compass/
Antik
e-Shop
All categories/Antique compasses/Code 6267 Antique compass
All categories/Antique compasses/Code 6267 Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Gift box
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Antique compasses/6267-Antique compass
Gift box
Antique compasses/6267-Gift box

Code 6267
EUR 400.00
In stock

EUR 400.00
In stock

used

1561463180Code 6267 Antique compassTopographic compass made of aluminum and brass complete with goniometric circle and needle block for calculating the horizontal angles, of the 1920s. Signed W. & L. E. Gurley Troy N.Y, a company active since 1850 and specialized in the construction of topography instruments. Very good working condition, complete with original leather case. Diameter cm 5 - inches 1.96, thickness cm 2 - inches 0.78.

The Julius Hanks foundry was purchased by the W. & L. E. Gurley Company in 1852, a firm maker of precision measuring instruments, and was destroyed in the Great Troy Fire of 1862. The W. & L. E. Gurley Building was built in "an amazing feat of construction" in just 8 months to replace the previous building. The company, run by William Gurley and his brother, Lewis Ephraim, were leaders in the field and published a regularly updated manual of instruments and their operations and were engaged in producing military products for the American Civil War. In the 1960s, the company was acquired by Teledyne Company, and was sold again in 1993 and continues as Gurley Precision Instruments today.

free gift box

free gift boxfree gift boxfree gift boxfree gift box

FAQ

e-Shop

Antique compasses

Code 6267 Antique compass

2e-Shop1Antique-compassesCode 6267 Antique compass
Where we are
Antik Arte & Scienza sas di Daniela Giorgi - via S. Giovanni sul Muro 10 20121 Milan (MI) Italy - +39 0286461448 - info@antik.it - www.antik.it - Monday-Saturday: 10am-7pm